Saturday, December 23, 2006

Another blizzard!


Can you believe it? When we headed out to Bismarck last Saturday, there wasn't even snow in the forcast. From the looks of it, we received around 18 inches of snow, but it's hard to tell because it blew so much. I stumbled into a 2 foot drift on our porch as I was going towards the door. We are so thankful that we arrived home safely. We saw literally hundreds of abandoned cars through Wyoming and Colorado. Our normal 12 hour drive took over 15. Boy am I glad to be out of that car! The kids are too!

We had a great visit with Tim's parents this past week and we were sad to leave them. I know they were holding back tears as well. We got to celebrate David's birthday with them a little early and that was fun too. Tomorrow is his first birthday! My big boy is one! He was so small and fuzzy and pink when we brought him home a year ago. I thank God for him and his sweet spirit every day.

P.S. I don't think you can tell from the above picture, but Grandpa Giedd and Dabney and David really did have a great time together. He and Dabney kept each other company most of the time and Grandpa got the biggest kick out of David. Just keep in mind that the picture was taken very early in the morning the day we left- the sun wasn't even up yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...