Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Giedd 5

Well, I guess I haven't said too much since we announced Baby J. I've been feeling kind of puny (as Grandma would say) and Christmas is coming and the kids are acting like toddlers (which they are). They make each other giggle and chase each other and David has now discovered how fun it is to unroll whole rolls of toilet paper. I got my first package- the biggest, too- out in the mail this morning and it is headed towards the island of Kauai.

We are so excited about Baby J. We will probably make our announcement on Dec 24th (Davey's birthday)- I'll be 9 weeks+ by then. And by the way, we've named our little bean Baby J because if it is a boy or a girl, the names we've picked both begin with J.

Last weekend we actually went to an actual movie theater to watch a movie that isn't on video yet! We saw The Nativity Story and we liked it a whole lot. Especially Dabney. She thought the camels were great!

Then we went to the mall to see if we could borrow the mall's Christmas props for a kids Christmas picture. David was happy as a clam, but Dabney didn't want to smile. Even ice cream didn't help. So we packed up the kids again and went home. And finally Dabney cracked a smile on the couch. So. I'm pretty disappointed in the pictures, but oh well.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention one thing. Of course, at the mall, a certain large man with a beard was sitting in a little Christmas house across the way from where we were getting pictures. This man had Dabney's absolute attention. She stared at him the whole time. Finally, he came over to see her. Somewhat reluctantly, she gave him a hug when he asked for one, and said, "Merry Christmas".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...