Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Locked and Loaded, Baby!

Well, after the week I had, I'm shocked that I am still pregnant.

My 'routine' 37 week appointment was not as routine as we expected. To save us all from embarrassment, let's just remember that the stages of labor are like a countdown. Baby is born when you get to 10 and 100%. Last Thursday I was at 5 and 60%. The doctors had me on the fetal monitor for 20 minutes to measure the BH contractions- they were coming every 10 minutes. The doctor came very close to not letting me leave. (The option was to break my water and welcome Baby to the world.) However, I knew my house was not as clean as I wanted it to be and my camera was still sitting by the door, so I asked them to let me go home.)

We also had a false labor alarm Friday night. Baby still wasn't ready to come, but I was at 5-6 and 80%. (My contractions were not regular enough.) So it continues to be a waiting game from here on out. My next appointment is tomorrow at 2:40 and we will see what happens. However, Tim is not counting on going back to work after the appointment (he's been with the kids in the waiting room during my appointments waiting for just such an occasion) and my bag and supplies will be in the car should they not release me. Exciting times. Also, we are expecting my mother in law Iris on Thursday night or Friday morning. (We're hoping for Thursday night.) It will be a relief to know we can leave her here at 3am with the children if we need to.

I'm trying to be patient and it's good for me to remember every morning when I wake up uninterrupted that God has just given my the gift of a peaceful night's rest~ a peaceful calm before the tiny cries come in the night. Also to take my mind off things, I've been trying to stockpile more dinners in the downstairs freezer, breathe deeply, hug kids #1 and #2 enough and play with them and explain what will be happening soon. Dabney is very excited about it all but David, poor fella, has no clue. Hopefully he will see Baby Josh as a sweet baby who needs our love and attention. Realistically..... I don't know, but I heard a story the other day of a 22 month old child who tried to push the new baby of her mommy's lap! I doubt David will try that, but we're giving him lots of attention before this all comes to pass and we'll remember to keep it up after his brother is here.


I'm contemplating one last belly shot before the end to show progress but, I'd have to go get the camera out of my overnight bag by the door. Talk to you later!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...