Monday, July 09, 2007

I suppose I should update...

Ok, I admit it, it's been a while since my last post.

Rebecca did such a great job with all my yard sale questions (ahem, yes she was the only one who replied...) but alas, the yard sale fizzled. I spent the 2 days before hand baking dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls and cookies and pop tarts, to have sold 2 cinnamon rolls. (And one for half price!) Hours digging through the crawlspace and basement to not have yard sale traffic. We live opn the extreme east side of town and we suppose that all of the yard salers went to the more established neighborhoods to find better sales. Our friends the Brottlunds joined us for our yard sale (with their stuff) and neither family hit $100. :( Did I mention that the proceeds were to go towards Baby Bubba's diapers? Oh well. (Can't you just hear the "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, Mandie") When I think about the yard sale and how it flopped, I just have to take a deep breath and let it go. We packed up everything that didn't sell and dropped it off at Goodwill, so it's out of my hair now. The only things we didn't drop off are the baby items that will be going to the kid's consignment store down the street (hopefully in exchange for some tiny summer clothes).

I am now 37 weeks pregnant. I feel like I'm 87 weeks pregnant. Baby Josh still wiggles and stretches and I'm trying to enjoy my sleep before he gets here. Tomorrow, I think I will do some sewing, if the laundry gets folded and put away before noon. This is my first summer baby so the baby's wardrobe is really adding to the chaos in my brain. February and December babies are easy to dress because it's cold out side and you bundle them in onesies and pants and socks and maybe a sweater and then a blanket. However for summer, I have no idea if baby's feet are cold or if I should bring a jacket along to church for him or what. I think I will be sewing some simple short sleeved gowns like the one here. Other than that, I think we are very ready for Baby Bubba whenever he decides to join us~ the bassinet is up and ready, the car seat is installed, and my overnight bag is almost complete.

Also, before I depart, I must give a huge rave for my very sweet husband (even if he doesn't see this) who has been self sacrificing in giving hugs and bringing home those fabulous creamsicle slurpees to his overheated wife.

And tomorrow I will see if I have any blog-worthy pictures in my camera...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am SO sorry about the yard sale turnout. UGH. I know how that goes, really I do, all that WORK for basically nothing. I am shocked that it turned out that way for you though, you being right in town and all. Is your area too posh for yardsales maybe? I mean, yard salers ARE frowned upon in some areas...

regardless, that is NO fun and I am SO sorry it turned out the way it did. :-(

On the fLIP side though-I am SUPER excited for you and the three SHORT weeks before his arrival! I am killing myself over here, worried, stewing and PRAYING that the Lord has more than two children in store for me. Because my arms and belly are empty, I think I am making up for it in excitement over YOUR littlest blessings.

Keep us updated as best you can...oh-and I am happy that it can't be TOO long after since your parents are relying on this blog for pictures too! It definately works to my favor! ;-)

Keep Cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...