Thursday, January 24, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover January Continues!


At the same Lowes trip alluded to in the previous post, we noticed that they had some light fixtures on sale and we found this gorgeous chandelier for really cheap. Seriously cheap. Usually they have kind of ugly fixtures on sale, but finding this was like finding treasure. Another gift from God! I've been looking for a pretty chandelier that matches our home for as long as we've lived here. And typically, the light fixtures I've been looking at are way out of our price range. For me, it was love at first sight. It matches all our other brushed nickel hardware in the house. And it's beautiful! It even includes 6 CFLs! I get so excited when I think about it hanging in our foyer and replacing that really ugly fixture that just screams "cheap standard brass lighting". Which leads me to my next project. I need to find someone to help me hang it. Did I mention that my foyer ceiling is 20 feet high? I'm not afraid of heights, but heights combined with hot electricity... I've been advised not to do it myself. So, I need someone who knows what he is doing. And it would be nice to find someone who knows what he's doing that already owns or has access to a scaffold, or else we'll have to rent one. Which naturally leads me to think that if we had an electrician paired with a scaffold, he might as well install our ceiling fan that's been prewired 20 feet above our living room... More on this later.

Hopefully, the next time you see this chandelier, the camera will be pointed heavenward and you will see our sage green foyer...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...