Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Before


Do you like my tv console? In a past life, it was a nasty, nasty beaten up dresser with carvings and stickers all over the outside and one of the top drawers was missing. The hardware and finish was hideous.

It was perfect.

It was listed on Craigslist for $15.

I emailed the owner and asked if I could take it for $10 if we picked it up in an hour. She said yes. Yeehaw!

I sanded and sanded and sanded, bought beautiful new hardware (for an incredible price on eBay) and hauled out my trusty can of black paint. After I moved my piece de resistance to the living room, I removed the other top drawer and drawer tracks and placed in my satellite receiver and dvd player. I went to HomeGoods that night and found a small wooden tray just big enough to fit next to the dvd player to hold those ever-missing remotes. The drawers are now lined and hold my Snuggie (yep, I said it) and blankets (see the red popping out of that drawer up there?) and cds and dvds and those other things that you'd rather keep out of view.

See that fancy, high quality, large, state of the art tv up there?

Stay tuned....



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I bet the paper on the wall is a HUGE clue!

Your redo is wonderful! I love things like that! My stinker of a husband about has a stroke every time I mention that I would like to paint all the wood to match (it is all very UNmatched, as a matter of fact.) Stinkin' traditionalist! ;-)

And I LOVE Homegoods. One of my favorite stores ever.

And I loved the fall pictures below and am amazed at how that one picture of David running makes him seem like he is 10 or so. Like- a boy. Why must they grow up?

And, finally, that profile picture of yours? Have I told you how much I love it? I do.

Rachel said...

And the after! Mussst seee the afffterrr.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...