Friday, May 03, 2013

Vacation Binder and Exercise Log



 If you've spoken to me at all in the last 5 months, chances are that I've mentioned my latest obsession. It's a blog called A Bowl Full of Lemons . This lady is who I want to be when I grow up. She is completely and totally organized and I've been studying her every move and implementing many things in my own home. Something Toni is big on is binders for corralling paper. She has budget binders, planning binders, cleaning binders, etc. This week I instituted my own binders and I wanted to show them to you. The first one is my exercise log. I found a great printable online here and I printed out many copies on cardstock and I've found them to be simple and really all I need.  



Every day I log my miles, calories, time and incline on the treadmill in the basement.


  Here's the sheet where I can see how many days in a row I've exercised. I love checking off the day on this sheet post-workout!


 I hauled out my 1" wide label tape for the binder spine.


I got my binders at Staples (because I had a coupon) and while I was there, I found this handy thing. It's like a wall pocket for binders and office papers, but it's smaller than letter size. It's called a supply organizer.  It fits my mini binder perfectly! My treadmill is set up in the basement next to the heater and all of it's duct work, so the magnetic mount organizer is just what I needed! I throw in my favorite mechanical pencil and I'm good to go. Tracking my cardio consistency is such a motivation for me!




My other new binder is a vacation planner. We'll be traveling this summer and as I was printing out itineraries and flight confirmations, I was trying to find a place for all of my paperwork.



 I made a quick binder cover with old scrapbook paper and brought out my handy label maker again to print out the necessary divider labels. My labels are Transportation, Accommodations, Packing, Itinerary, Calendar, Food and Maps. 


 Now I have one place to stash all of my packing lists, mapquest routes, hotel confirmations, maps, brochures, EVERYTHING!



 I also bought the Vacation Planning Kit for CleanMama on Etsy. I love her printables, but I haven't filled these out yet. That's one fanstastic thing about printables~ once I buy and save them to my computer, I can print these out for as many trips as I'll ever need.


 In the "Maps" divider, I have a clear plastic binder pocket where I keep road maps and brochures.

 Here's the "Calendar" tab. I have a few months included (even before and after vacation) so I can be fully prepared and see more of the big picture of how vacation fits into our life.



 I get excited to add all the goodies like travel details to my vacation binder! Summer just can't get here fast enough.


Overall, I love these binders and how they are working out for me. I'm pretty sure that's the key to organizing well~ finding what works for you and fits into your life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...