Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


We have so much to be thankful for!

You see! That tree doesn't look bad at all!


My first "real" turkey! I brined it the day before and everyone said it turned out well. I followed Alton's recommendations- I roasted the bird at 400 degrees until it was golden brown, covered it with foil and lowered the heat to 350 and cooked it until it reached 160 degrees. But, as you can tell, I forgot to turn the wings inside so they scorched a little. Oh well- at least it wasn't upside down!


Grandpa Giedd and Dabney really bonded that day. They read books together and watched the parade too.




It was sad to see Grandma and Grandpa go, but we will see them in a few weeks when we visit Bismarck.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...