Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok, I've been meaning to do my Thanksgiving post since the beginning of November and here it is on Thanksgiving night and I only have time to do a dinky post. As most of you know, I have blessings coming out of my ears. I have wonderful parents, 2 great brothers and a lovely sister. I have sweet in-laws and a great relationship with them. We have a house and 2 vehicles and God has met our every need and most of the wants. I even have a Dyson. We have never missed a mortgage payment and we have no credit card debt. We are members of the most amazing church family. I have Christmas lights on my house. We even went to Hawaii this year. We have 3 beautiful, healthy children. I have a husband that I don't deserve. Jesus died for me and I am God's adopted child. It takes my breath away to list all I have to be thankful for. And I truly don't deserve any of it.

I'm not into Christian t-shirts, but I saw on the other day that was different. It said, "I'm the wretch in the song" referring to the hymn Amazing Grace. You don't hear that often in this day and age where popular culture tells you that you "deserve" everything. If you deserve anything you want, why be thankful? I'm here to tell you that I'm the wretch and I don't deserve anything I have. Especially the fact that my sins have been paid for. It's all grace. 100% Grace. And I'm very thankful.

(I must go to bed now~ I'm one of those crazies that is going shopping tomorrow morning at an obscene hour in 13 degree weather to save Christmas money.)


I'm thankful for this guy



and these knuckleheads.




Just when you think you can't take anymore, here I am with another recipe.

I've never been overly fond of cranberry sauce. But then again, I'd never made it myself before yesterday. Now, I'm wondering why anyone buys it from a can, because it is so good and so easy. I've also discovered that I really, really like it warm.

Mandie's Mind-Changing Cranberry Sauce

12oz fresh cranberries
1 C. sugar
1 orange

Using a peeler or a zester, zest your orange into long strips. Place the cranberries and the sugar in your saucepan and squeeze the juice from the orange over the cranberries. Add the zest. Stir often and boil until the cranberries pop, about 10- 15 minutes. That's it! So easy! Try it warm. Yum-o, Cait!

I've gotta go to bed. Ciao!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving Crazy Mandie! I really liked that shirt logo too-like you said, yuo don't see that often. That's probably why I like it.

You'll have to let us know the fantastic deals you got today. I have never gone so maybe I don't know what I am missing? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...