Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Definitely Recommended


Recently, I picked up Barefoot Contessa at Home, which makes it the 3rd Ina Garten cookbook I own. I love Ina's foods because it is so down to earth and homey and with so many cookbooks on the market these days, a lot of the food has gotten sort of hoity-toity, but not so with Ina. She makes fresh simple food delicious and welcoming. Her pictures are gorgeous and she shares, especially in this newest book, how she makes her home in East Hampton lovely and tips on planning menus and entertaining. With the possible exception of the Summer Borscht (I'm not a fan of beets), I look forward to making every recipe in the book (and how many books can you say that about?), especially the Seared Tuna with Mango Chutney, the Summer Fruit Crostada, Shrimp Bisque, Mustard Roasted Potatoes, Pesto Pea Salad, Couscous with Pine Nuts, Blue Cheese Burgers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I found your blog while looking for a photo of Ina's cookbook? I'm a Reformed, homeschooling, Christian blogging mom, too. Would love to have you join the SolaMoms blogroll. Stop by EverydayMommy.net :)

p.s. Hubby gave me Ina's latest cookbook for Christmas. It's another "wow"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...