Tuesday, September 12, 2006

God is so Good!


Well, lately I've been really anxious to earn money. The last few months have been tough financially for us and I've wanted to contribute ever since we got married. It always seems like there isn't enough time or supply money to get anything going, but lately, we've prayeed and done research and prayed some more and it seems like God is now granting us favor.

As you know, I love to be creative. There is something that is very fulfilling to me to be able to take time to go to the basement where I've set up shop and make something pretty- either scrapbook pages or quilts or wreaths or anyting else. So, we stepped out on a limb and Tim granted me some money last Labor Day and I went to Michaels for a really great sale. I bought enough materials for my new venture - wreath making. I've always loved making synthetic wreaths for our porch- just something simple to say "Welcome to the Giedds" in flowers. I listed my wreath on eBay last Wednesday and was totally floored when I checked the listing Saturday night and there was a bid (!) on my wreath. Many of the handmade wreaths are very expensive- $60 in not uncommon- but I think I will begin the wreaths I want to sell at $25 + S&H- that way I will still make money and it's not too high a price, and if they think it's worth it, buyers can bid more. We are continuing to petition the Lord about this new moneymaking attempt and we are currently thanking Him that He was the one to bring the buyer. And of course, we are asking Him to bring more buyers and that He would bless my little business.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Also, our good friend Nancy is finally getting married on September 23rd! Praise the Lord! As Dabney would say "Praisey Yerd"! She has honored me by asking me to make their grooms cake! I'm so excited about this! I baked a total of 8 cakes yesterday and they are currently residing in my freezer until next week when I put it all together. There will be 4 layers (12", 10", 8" and 6")- all chocolate - and they will be filled with raspberry filling and mocha pastry cream with a chocoloate swiss meringue buttercream. YUM! I can't wait. If this moneymaking thing keeps up, I might have to go and buy some professional tools like heavy duty floral shears and a professional cake turntable. :)

I'm so thankful that the Lord is allowing me to be creative and help with the income- this is something I've dreamed about for a long time. God is so good to me.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I hope you do well at your money-making endeavor! Sounds like you will! Will you be selling stitched goods also?

Do you remember a LOOOONNG time ago, we daydreamed about living next to each other and having a little shop by our house...I think there was even a slide into one anothers' homes! Ahhh, memories. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...