Monday, October 16, 2006

Great recipe!

I've been searching for a good 3 bean salad recipe for a few weeks and I think I found it! It's low carb, too, if you're into that sort of thing.

THREE BEAN SALAD

1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drianed and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) green beans, drained and rinsed
4 green onions, chopped
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 Tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

In a medium bowl, combine all of the beans, onions and celery. In another bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, and spices.

Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before eating.

******************************
I just realized while typing this out, that I never added the vinegar. So, just in case you're wondering, yes, it can be made without the vinegar. Also, I didn't have any green onions so I added about 1/2 c. of yellow onion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...