Monday, December 17, 2007

EUREKA!


Over the course of next weekend, we are having a total of 30 people to our house. (! But that's another post for later today...) However, I realized that we only have 12 place settings of silverware. "Hmm", I thought. I've been trying to stay away from plastic and paper things lately. I'd have to buy plastic forks and spoons anyway, and why not make a tiny investment for something you can use for the rest of your life? Of course, If you know me at all, you will know where I went to resolve this dilemma. Yes, friends, Goodwill to the rescue! I found a beautiful pattern for~ Guess! $1 a piece? .50 a piece? NO! $0.15 a piece!!!! The other problem was that now that I have a few pieces, I have no idea of the pattern name, only that it was made by "Rogers". After quite a bit of sleuthing online, I've discovered that Rogers was taken over by Oneida and the pattern is Summer Rose. So many sellers on eBay go to estate sales and find silverware and they themselves don't know the pattern name and list it as "Rogers flatware - 4 pieces" which helps no one. The missing link I finally found was here. You have no idea how many pages I had to sift through to find it!


Also, how is it that I've had 1350 hits since October 1st and only 5 contest entrants?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...