Thursday, June 26, 2008

Domestic Duties

Part of the freezer stash


It's been a productive week, but I still feel a day late and a dollar short. On Monday I had a full scale baking/ cooking day. I filled a shelf in the downstairs freezer with a few casseroles and some other goodies. I love going down to the basement freezer and choosing which dinner would be great for tonight. The best part about it is that even though it’s convenient, it’s still homemade!

Have I mentioned that I get to have company next month? I. AM. SO. EXCITED! I still can’t believe it. My favorite people (outside my immediate family) are coming to stay with us! I’m seeing lots of laughs, good conversations, loads of sweet tea, and a 1st birthday party in our future.

So I’ve taken the bull by the horns and begun the food prep. After all, how fun is it to have company and not get to fellowship because you are working in the kitchen? So I figured if I’m going to make cookies, I might as well save my valuable time and make 2 months worth of cookies with the same time and effort as just 1 batch.

So, since Monday I’ve added to our freezer stash:

  • Waffles for the freezer {2 batches}
  • Ham casserole for the freezer {1 for this week, 1 for later}
  • Cookies for the freezer {~5 dozen}
  • Whole wheat crackers {2 batches}
  • Lasagne for the freezer {2 large pans}
  • Taco casserole {one for this week, one for later}
(And I’m hoping to add a few banana breads to the list before the week is out.)

Also, yesterday, I had the extreme pleasure of completing most of the June Daring Bakers challenge. This month was a great challenge and I’m so excited about sharing it with you all~ look for it here on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow , you rock.. I would love to be so ahead.. Instead it's last minute. Do you go by a schedule or just what you feel like eating. I think that is so neat. Any good ideas on getting started? I would love to just supper shop out of the freezer... Smart! Susie H

Mandie said...

What sweet comments, Susie! Generally I start with the grocery store ads to see what's on sale. This week I came home with an abundance of ground beef, among other things, which lead me to the lasagnes and the taco casseroles.

I sort of combined my baking days too in this post, where I'll make loaves of bread (or in this case waffles and cookies) just to save time. My kids love these days because the get to stir at least one batch of something and then see something wonderful come out of the oven.

By the way I LOVE your tassels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...