Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Quilter has returned


It's been a long time since I've made a quilt. However, since I re-arranged our basement and revamped my sewing table, I was so inspired that I ran this quick quilt off the machine this week. It was a fast project (I began Tuesday and ended Friday) and I'm so excited about how it turned out. I love that "homespun" quality. I really love the colors and it's a good size. I began thinking I could do 12 x 12 - 6" squares, but as I went along, I realized that I really didn't want to use all of my lovely burgundy fabric stash so I stopped at 10 x 10. It's actually a rag quilt (so yes, you're looking at the wrong side) but I haven't washed and dried the quilt enough for me to show you the top. The best part about this quilt? I had everything I needed in the basement and I didn't need to buy a thing.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous colors! Can't wait to see the front of it-you will show us, right?!?

I just started getting the blocks cut up for a throw quilt for Bunkin. Oddly, I decided to use dark muted colors instead of baby colors. We won't know if Bunkin is a boy or girl, and I found this great pattern with dark muted squares and white pieces stars throughout. For some reason, I pictured wrapping Bunkin up in it just like Ma Ingalls would do for baby Grace. I am such a hopeless romantic.

Gorgeous job Mandie! I love to see your projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...