Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in Review

So I've never done this before, and ideally this should have gone out with the Christmas cards, but the year wasn't over in November when I sent out the cards. Anyway, I thought this might be fun.

So at the beginning of last January we were arriving home from a wonderful Christmas in Park City Utah with the Lloyds. It really was so much fun. We hope to meet them in another place for a future Christmas. In January we also began to make small upgrades to our home.

February brought Dabney's 4th Birthday. She's such a big girl and a great help to her Mama. Joshua began to crawl.

In March, our congregation voted and elected Tim as a deacon. He takes his role very seriously and he does a great job.

Tim and I celebrated 5 years of marriage in April. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since our wedding, but then I look around at the kids and think, "Hmm. Where did all these little hooligans come from? Only 5 years? Are we counting right?"

May was sort of slow, but isn't that nice once in a while? One highlight of the month was that we had 2 large families over (at the same time) for a picnic at our house. It was by far our largest hospitality gathering of the year. Dabney and I also had a special Mama/daughter date night at the movies.

In June, Tim and I were volunteers for Christian Home Educators of Colorado for their annual family conference. We learned so much and hope to attend (as attendees) next year. We also visited for a long weekend with Tim's parents and 2 of his brothers and their families.

My parents, brother and sister came to visit us in July and we also celebrated Joshua's first birthday.

One of the highlights of the year came in August, when the 5 of us flew to visit my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins in North Carolina. So much had happened since I had visited last and I even had some children to introduce to my relatives. I learned so much about my family's history. I took over 600 pictures (!) although I haven't printed all of them out yet... Also, Joshua became very accomplished at running, not walking.

In September I joined Facebook, and I know it sounds corny, but I ve had such a great time connecting with so many people~ many of whom I thought I would never see or hear from again. There are so many people that God had used in my life to mold and shape me.

October held more weddings in our church and Caitlin came out to visit again, but mainly to attend the weddings. While she was here, we discovered a wonderful surprise~ we're pregnant with baby #4 who has a July due date!

We celebrated Thanksgiving in November with Tim's family in Bismarck and had a great time.

Which brings us to our current month of December. Dabney had her ears pierced during one of the Christmas shopping trips, David turned 3 on Christmas Eve and Josh had a blast eating all the stocking candy on Christmas morning.




Happy New Year everyone! I hope the Lord will bless you richly in 2009!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...