Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Few Last Minute Ideas

I have an uncle that has everything. Seriously everything. And because he is on my Christmas list, it puts me in a very difficult predicament. But the upside of this is that I get to pick out something really fun and out of the ordinary. It also allows me to widen the gift horizon.

This year I hopped over to etsy.com and found a lady in CA that makes these wonderful stamps and I knew I had a winner this Christmas. She did a bang-up job on my uncle's stamp (she emails you a proof of the stamp for your approval before she makes it) and then she gave me a great deal on a second stamp so I ordered one for our family, too. Obviously, I love it so much I'm blogging about it.


One last idea for you is something we do perennially. The two of us have our favorite Christian ministries that we listen to on the radio and that are dear to our hearts. And like all ministries, they really appreciate donations. I wish we could afford to give them large checks every year, but with a single income and a growing family, there are no large checks to be given. But we do like to remember the ministries that truly have ministered to our souls by putting in a Christmas order. That way, we're using our budgeted money for excellent resources and hopefully furthering the kingdom via the chosen ministries. And ok, I would be remiss if I did not recommend one or two to you all. For the past few years, I've loved putting orders in with
Ligonier Ministries~Tim and I are huge fans of R.C. Sproul~ and the resources we receive are absolutely top-notch and definitely gift worthy. In fact, most years I try to hide the Ligonier box because Tim is just too curious. Other recommendations off the top of my head would be Coral Ridge Ministries and Canon Press. Canon Press has some of the best books on the family that you will find anywhere. Really.

So there you have it. Now I really must get wrapping.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm really bummed because this post seemed like a really good one, but for SOME weird reason, much of your text is missing. It is as if it extends through the whole page, but the sidebar covers over the right half. Is this just MY computer that is playing with me, or are others having the same problem?

Mandie said...

Sorry about that! Is it fixed now? The post wasn't saving last night and I had to save it in a different format...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...