Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pigs in a Blanket

Dabney's new phrase has been "What are we making today, Mama?". I love this. I love to be in the kitchen and I love to be creative, so the question always inspires me. However, tonight we were in a hurry and I decided to do a quick dinner~ pigs in a blanket~ you know, hot dogs wrapped in a crescent roll. Dab came down from her nap and asked her new question and I said "Pigs in a blanket, but they're really hot dogs." She began to giggle and watch me roll up the "pigs".

Dabney: "They're really hot dogs, David. Are they warm now, Mama?"

Me: "Are what warm, Honey?"

Dabney: "The pigs with their blankets"

Me: "Um, I guess, but they'll be a lot warmer when we bake them in the oven"

Dabney: "Ohh! The pigs are getting done now and they're almost ready. They're really warm!"

Later at the table...

"Mmmmm. The pigs are really good, but they're not really pigs because they don't oink."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...