Thursday, October 25, 2007

Playing Hostess


I really can't tell you how excited I am about this upcoming PC party (and I'm not just plugging it for my own benefit). I've invited over 40 ladies (not counting daughters) and it seems like most can come. My house isn't exactly close in proximity to most of the ladies I invited, but I think we'll have wonderful fellowship and it's giving me the chance to play hostess for a real ladies party. It's a treat to not have to plan menu items like chicken nuggets and juice~ and that little bit of Martha is coming out in me. I've already planned most of the menu and the decor~ even down to the soap in the powder room and the kitchen towels. Last night at one of my favorite stores, I found these sweet appetizer plates clearanced at 80% off and so of course I had to bring all of them home so our guests will have something nice to eat from. (And although I bought 16 and had 8 smallish plates already, I still won't have enough if 40 people show up. I may have to bring out the styrofoam, which I really didn't want to do, if many children come.)

As for the picture above of my new treasures, I think I'm being influenced by (and attempting to imitate) Smitten Kitchen ~ a fabulous little blog I stumbled onto that has the most beautiful photography of everyday kitchen life. My pictures are pathetic to begin with and for the last month or so I've been on Tim's laptop (because my PC pretty much has had a stroke for lack of available memory) and I don't have access to my photo-editing software. Excuses, excuses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...